All that time he was taking her for granted
[html]

It seemed that her words came a little too late; the next few steps and the study of the young girl's shape and rangy limbs revealled that her arms were already wet and discoloured from the sandy water. She did not acknowledge her for several moments, instead became fixated with the tooth that she had pulled from the shoreline instead. And then like a light switch coming on distantly in house at dusk, Corona was met with red eyes and yet another tellatale sign—that disdainful, childish way of talking—that even this child wasn't some random offspring of anyone she knew.

“C'mon, let's go towards the mansion,” she said, gesturing loosely with her hand as she flicked the ash off the end of the cigarette. Turning back towards the general direction of the mansion, she caught Siobhan's question and nodded, waiting for the girl to either follow or not. “Ezekiel's my nephew. His father, Gabriel, is my brother, and I'm his aunt Corona. You're the little girl I heard he brought back here with him.” Where she had heard it though, she didn't really remember. The days had been a jumble of things; one day miserable, another day was bland and boring. She needed the distraction.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread