All that time he was taking her for granted
[html]
“Yes, I am,” she affirmed with a nod and with an inner cringe. Corona had never really regarded herself as an adult. She had always been younger in some form or fashion to all but two of her living siblings. Kerberos had a few years on her, and Gabriel had a few minutes. He had been the first born son and she had been the first born daughter. Or at least that was how she remembered it being told to her so long ago. “And I suppose I would say you're still a kid. Not a baby, but not an adult either. An adolescent. You can shift, so you're closer to being an adult than you are a child, though.” It was more of an observation than an explanation, but she didn't really know for sure.

Either way, Siobhan was small and that sort of appearance made her seem all the more childish. But coyotes were lithe to begin with, as Corona was in her own right despite having some wolfish angles and features. “Do you like living here?” It was a silly question to ask, but one that seemed right to do. Ezekiel had taken to her, this she knew, but Siobhan seemed to do her own thing. She ran around and had her own little adventures (as all children did). But there were the darker and more shadowy things to be known and found about Inferni and those where the things that Corona preferred to keep out and sight and out of mind until a certain time and place.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread