tonight this engine's failing
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Sometimes I like to do different tables!

--

His muscles ached somehow, possibly due to the strain of carrying another being over his shoulder... Jefferson couldn't have said that he'd done that before. He'd never rescued anyone before, and of all people he wanted to rescue, it wasn't Iskata. He didn't want to have to rescue her in the first place, to be precise. A thick air of melancholy and trauma hung heavily throughout the cabin, tangible like mist in the air, and only magnified by the sudden outburst of the silver-furred son across the room. Jefferson's single eye suddenly shot to stare in surprise at DaVinci, but wandered to the floor soon thereafter. He understood DaVinci's pain, somewhat, and felt his distressed and frustrated scowl melt into a saddened, downtrodden frown. The world kept going on around them, and they were being left behind.

"DaVinci..." he said slowly, taking a cautious step closer. The last thing they needed was for Iskata to be awake and hearing her son's frustrated pain and distress and get only sicker. He cleared his throat then, assuming a more authoritative tone. After all... he guessed he was the one in charge in that room. "There's nothing else we can do but be here. You know that." He regretted his words, but they needed to avoid all the irritation possible. It wouldn't be of any help anywhere. "Deuce will handle Iskata... you're the one who has to tell your kids."

[/html]

[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... bottom.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
He was mildly surprised that he had not been received negatively, snapped at, or glared upon; of course, the wolf failed to show that alarm in his facial expression, and his duel-colored eyes watched the brightly-hued woman with slight intrigue. She had turned to him with something of a skeptical look on her face and replied sarcastically, but she was nothing like Cwmfen or any other members of the pack he'd already met. She had a haughtiness to her, carrying some sort of powerful presence in her tone and stature, and her eyes and voice were a piercing type. Nikolai wasn't quite intimidated, so much as he was mildly intrigued.

He sensed something extra in her voice, but chose not to comment upon it. "I vas not plannink on drinkink," he replied slowly, cautiously. He wasn't exactly on stranger-friendly territory, and as much as he was fond of the buzz and freedom of the drink, he knew better than to get himself wasted and vulnerable to strangers who didn't care much for his presence and harmless cartography. "You are strange person," Nikolai said matter-of-factly, scratching at his head. "Vhy you not yell at me like other pack member do? Bah," he said, suddenly dismissing the notion and waving his hand. It was at this point that he noticed she was pregnant, and surely enough, was somewhat turned off by it.

"Round," he muttered, staring at her stomach.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread