without ever letting go, i knew you'd gone astray.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Geneva wrinkled her nose as she imagined how the humans had managed to cram an entire ear of corn into this little cylinder. She had never actually seen a physical specimen of corn, but had seen pictures in books. From what she understood, ears of corn were quite long and probably thick enough to pose a problem fitting into the can. Even if the humans had tried to cut the corn into sections or fold it into the can, it still didn't seem to the grayscale wolfess that an entire ear would fit. Geneva didn't realize that there were only kernels of corn inside the can. She thought of the vegetable as an entire unit.

After a moment of pondering, she gave an exasperated smile. "I have no idea. Humans were nuts," she said.

Lime green eyes swept over the wreckage with new interest now. Before now, she had only been pondering the unknown. Now she had a mission, something more to discover besides shadows. Without waiting for Ehno to take up the lead, Geneva got up and walked over to the nearest box. She rummaged through it, pushing splintered bits of wood out of the way. She lifted another cylinder with a small crow of excitement. "It says..." she lowered her head to read the label. "...Campbell's..."

She walked back over to the Italian male, holding out the can for his inspection. The faded red label was cracked and torn, the paper from the bottom half of the can missing. Only the red and white label around the top gave any hint what might be inside of the cylinder. "I've never heard of food called Campbell's...maybe this stuff isn't food at all."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread