to the back
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

Something flickered across the maw of the warrior, something akin to a sneer. "It’s quite different." The female’s tone strangely juxtaposed her expression, for the melody of her own voice was serene. "Much tamer—and yet crueler." Was it strange that when she heard the song of the snow that she was put at ease? She listened to it now as the snow fell, whispering wordless songs in her ear. "Perhaps the silence of the snow sings louder," she whispered suddenly, and it seemed as if she were speaking not to DaVinci but to the snow and world about them. The pied Raven ruffled his feathers against the cold and cruelty of that strange song, crawing, as if in agreement, to the woad warrior. The silence that followed the Dream’s voice seemed stronger now.

"I had heard that you were now among the ranks of Phoenix Valley, and that I thought that perhaps your discontent had ended," the female said, voicing the thoughts that flickered across her head. Her quiet voice, which had almost held a certain amount of delight, now took on a more somber tone. "Firefly warned me that this was untrue, and I wished that it were not." A small frown came upon her banded maw, and she did not return the smile that was upon the steel-hued male’s maw. She wished that he could find his way free of such frustrations. Yet, she wondered if such things went hand in hand with it. Surely not to such an extent? And yet, she could not deny that her own life was lived in a solitude that, when living in a pack, was becoming increasingly unbearable. The female was not ready, however, to say that the hybrid was beyond the point of no return.

When the male broke the silence, admitting to his troubles, the female smiled, for she felt a filial warmth towards the other. "I offered you my company, should you wish for it, those many months back. And I still offer it willingly now. In friendship, I will be at your side, and I will listen—I’m always listening." And perhaps he already knew that, for she listened always to the songs that the world sang to her. Haku, too, had approached her, seeking a friend.... Perhaps that was the source of her own discontent, her own restlessness that even now moved her to wander about. And yet, it had brought her this chance meeting, and for that she could not complain.

The white orbs sought those of the other as she spoke once more. "Perhaps we should get out of the cold." With her slender maw, the black female indicated towards the human edifice nearby and took several steps in its direction. The Raven Dream made a strange purring sound of dissatisfaction, but the warrior passed to him a brief glance. The Raven would be fine outside on his own. For now, the female wished to alleviate some of the burden from the shoulders of DaVinci. She wanted to listen to the troubles of that restless soul.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread