to the back
[html]
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3402 ... 985rw1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

Cwmfen nodded, almost approvingly, as the silver hued male correctly assumed her inference. He seemed annoyed, however, at his sister’s thoughts. She thought it strange how families could be so far in their relationships, but she had to admit that her own family was not the best example to counter his. "She may have no concern for her own family, but she will be giving life to a new generation of her blood." Strange, the female thought, that one who so seemed to dislike others would find it in herself to allow these growing creatures to live. She herself could not imagine bearing children, for it would hinder greatly that which she valued most: the freedom of her warrior’s spirit. Yet, instinct would bid her to contradict herself. Whether or not she would obey would be a different matter. Brushing those thoughts aside, the female continued quietly. "I think that it will be difficult for me to ignore her when next we meet." And there was a half-amused smile upon her woad-banded maw.

His question, though it was more of a statement, was sudden, and she offered a small laugh in return. Then she responded, "It seems that pack life has eased my dislike." She paused before adding, "Yet I often find myself seeking my solitude," almost as an afterthought. The white orbs looked up at the other, wondering at that statement. The female worried that perhaps she were forcing him to accept her offered company, and that he would prefer if she would leave him be. But he seemed, then, to be watching her in a way that did not reject her, and so she did not object.

As DaVinci accepted the offer to go into the strange human constructs, she saw that he had bared his teeth at the Raven. A wry smile characterized her maw as she turned to slip into the darkness of the building, for she noticed that all who encountered her Dream disliked it. She did not judge them for it, for she was unsure of how she herself felt about it, especially because its form and its colour connoted a parallel to her father. And it was a parallel that she could not dismiss. She wondered often, but dismissed it. The warrior, who was of an accepting nature, tried to accept it, but this task was proving exceedingly difficult.

In the maple shack, she found that it was dark and dry. It was dusty, and she sneezed once as she allowed herself to adjust to the drastically different environment. The place reminded her of the edifice in which the two had shared their first meeting. It was strange, she thought, because this was the second time that the meetings had been similar. Her thoughts went briefly to the Raven, as if asking for some revelation, but she received none. Quietly, the woad warrior moved to the corner—a dark place—and she lowered herself silently—gracefully—to the floor. She became a part of a shadow, a shadow broken only by her white orbs. "I hope you don’t mind if I lay down," the female apologized. She had to admit that her body was a bit sore from her encounter with the pain-maddened Catherine only hours before. Probably a more leisurely journey back would have been wiser, but the female herself had needed to think, and running helped her to do so. "What is bothering you as of late—if you don’t mind my asking."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread