to the back
[html]
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3402 ... 985rw1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

"As a pack member of similar rank, one cannot ignore the other," the female responded lamely. What she said was no lie—the female could not simply ignore the Acer, especially because she was her senior. But, of course, there was that matter with Haku. The woad warrior was not sure whether the golden female was aware of what she had done, but she was sure that there would be suspicions to say the least. It had been one night, and it had been something that the woad marked female had required to complete her Long Nights, but she had a feeling that kind and gentle Firefly would not understand that. She knew that the golden woman was of a similar heritage, but the culture from which she herself came was of an older, primeval nature, and such a thing was not looked down upon because both Haku and herself had consented to it. Males and females from her culture did not bind themselves to mateships, and while such love-related relationships were mutual but monogamous, sexual freedoms were tolerated. Cwmfen was no exception, but she could understand how her actions would offend the other. One day, perhaps after the pups were born, she would drop by if only to say ‘hi’. And all this she could explain to the steel hued male, but she doubted that he would care for any more ‘drama’.

Laying in the darkness of the strange cabin, Cwmfen accepted DaVinic’s bared fangs with little amusement, and her expression hardened. "You offend me, DaVinci, and the offer that I have given you," and her golden melody took on a hard, silver tone. To the black fae, the hybrid male had committed a minor act of disrespect. Because, however, she could understand that not all cultures were as her own, and because she could understand that he was, perhaps, distraught, she took the matter lightly. Letting it slide, she continued, her tone and expression softening. "Have I not already expressed that I am here for you—as a friend?" Then she paused, a slightly disgusted smile upon her face. "If not for personal matters, what would we discuss? The weather? Pack politics?" Then she laughed quietly, as if such things were ridiculous to discuss, at least at that moment. The she-wolf pawed the wooden floor with her black claws. "If you do not wish to share such things with me, at least take comfort in some shared company and silence."

Her shoulders were sore, as she had caught the weight of a luperci in her lupus form. At the time, it had felt like nothing, for with the aid of adrenalin and proper technique, such hardships were possible. Yet, now that several hours have passed, the Dahlian was beginning to feel the effects of the whole thing, and it was beginning with her shoulders. She was sure that there would be other places that would be sore, but for now that was enough. Stiffly, the female shifted, exhaling softly and slowly as if such an act would help soften her stiffness. The white orbs turned back the male, considering him quietly. She was uncertain whether he would come to join her. "If you would share your troubles with anyone, share them with me, who is of little consequence. It will be better for you than to let it fester there in her heart."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread