to the back
[html]

500+

A soft smile tickled her lips as the soft sound of her laughter tiptoed through the wooden room. “If only such powers resided within me....” Her alto melody was almost wistful as she spoke in quiet tones. The white orbs looked up at the hybrid with eyes filled with a soft, warm mirth. Often, it had been said that the Dreamers of her people had strange powers over the minds of others. And while the black fae did indeed Dream, she was a Warrior first and foremost. She did not feel within her that she held such a power within her and had not seen her influence manifest in any way within others. But often the female had wondered to herself what it would mean to have such a power. Perhaps she would have been able to change the songs that she heard within the world. But perhaps that was a dangerous thing.

“I am a Warrior, and that is what we do,” the female replied with mock flourish. But there was some truth to what she said. At times, such things seemed to find her—or had she sought it out? “I was attacked first. I do not start fights—only finish them.” Her voice was quiet once more, and it faded into the darkness. There was a strange contentedness in her words, and there was no doubt that she loved what she did.

The female only gave a quiet laugh in response. Or perhaps they would suffer the change, she could have said, but her words were gently silenced as his maw came to rest atop her own woad bound maw. It was strange, she thought suddenly, that she had placed herself so near to him, to be as close as lovers are and yet remain chaste. The female did not often make close contact with others—in fact, the only close contact between herself and a male had been made only twice, and such contact had been in the throes of love making. It was strangely pleasant, the black fae decided, and so her maw did not rise to chase him away. And she wondered is such contentedness was becoming of friendship or something else. A soft, contented sigh escaped her as the white orbs watched the darkness that surrounded them, and she couldn’t help but notice that this edifice in which they hid was similar to the one in which they had shared to shelter from a rainstorm.

The woad warrior smiled faintly. “It seems that such longing both haunts and blesses our dreams,” the female murmured quietly. And she was silent for a moment as if she would say no more. But suddenly, she said, “I dream of being free. And yet, I find that true freedom comes only in Death. But I do not seek to prematurely bring my end, though I find that my passion for the art of war stems from such a desire.... It is perhaps because of this that I have not openly sought a mate....” And yet, if she found a male who found interest in her, and if she were greatly intrigued by him, the black fae would not deny her body’s needs. And such a thing was not culturally forbidden to her. The white orbs looked up at the male. “And yet...at times that solitude bids us to fill that void.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread