thread title missing
[html]
Briefly, she wondered if any of her siblings had ever prodded either one of their parents about their grandparents. Corona had never asked much about Damian, though Misery had told her bits and pieces over the years. She knew nothing of her mother's heritage or the misfortune that had shaped her so; but now she was being asked to describe a man she had been told many things about. She had known him as intimately as a father and a daughter could know one another, though there had always been secrets. An element of allure to him that she could never figure out, though at one point he had been right with the world, she supposed. Matinee had been the balance to the axis and the one who had sent the world tilting off course.

“Well, I guess it goes without saying that he was an interesting man,” she said, focusing on the ground in thought more than anything. She wasn't a storyteller, but she was already mentally omitting things she would not repeat to her niece. “He once lived in Inferni with your grandmother, but it was brief. It was only to raise us until we were able to fend well enough on our own and without both parents, and then he was made to leave by the leader then over some things.” She could no longer remember what Baneesh looked like, or how his voice sounded. What his personality had been like. The same went for Ikatha as well. “His father had led a pack to the west, Chimera, and it was in the case of his cousin, who left it to him after that, because his father had died.”

And briefly, she wondered what it would have been liked to know her grandfather, flaws and all. Would he have hated “So my father became its leader not too long after he was sent away from Inferni. I visited him, I guess you could say, and then one day I decided I wanted to stay with him. Your grandfather was very smart too. He taught me about art, about music, and how to ride a horse too. We were very close when I was growing up. We had a stable there, in Chimera at one point, with a few horses. Everyone in the pack took care of them, or at least the ones that wanted to.” It was hard not to go off on tangents one after the other, but there were a lot of good memories there.

“I wished you could have known him,” she said with a sad smile.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread