all the world is waiting
[html]

cake--

i have come curiously close to the end.

cakeHis words didn't startle her. Tal could smell him from a mile away; his scent was something that was burned into her subconscious, and always would be. She knew it well enough, even if she didn't know him as well as she would've liked. She was feeling calm, as she looked up at him, a smile on her face. It was gentle and quiet, different than it would have been had he been anyone else in the world. She joked and laughed and hid, when she tried to be social. That wasn't necessary, here. Every so often, it was nice to not be afraid.

cake"You didn't know? I'm a rock star, Zekie. I'm the greatest." She almost laughed at herself as the words came out. She knew a few chords, and she could play a few of the tunes that rolled around like loose pebbles in her head. Nothing serious. She didn't read music, probably never would -- focusing on things wasn't exactly her forte. Lazily, she plucked at a string as she looked up at her brother, hair in her eyes, firelight on her face. "Are you busy? Come sit with me."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread