Talking to the ones that are not there
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/07.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Yeah it is, isn't it? Big Grin
Is "women's" technically right when it's plural possessive form? My spelling program keeps nudging me for it, but as far as I've learned it should be right. Plural of woman = women, possessive = 's ...? Sad

The white silhouette slowly grew in size as he approached the pair, and the puppy Gvihita has spotted proved to Dawali that he was indeed present (although Gvihita's ken eyes never faltered), speaking loudly to her(?) mum. He couldn't pinpoint the gender of the small one from voice and smell alone. When they were so small they tended to be masked by their parents' scents, and a child's voice was sometimes just that; a child's voice, without gender. The smell of the mother was very noticeable, however, and since he could not smell even a trace of male except from himself, he assumed the child to also be of female gender. Sheesh, as if there weren't enough of them already, why'd they have to go and multiply? Though, he didn't mean this heartfelt, having two daughters himself, and he (sometimes) enjoyed the presence of women. It was just that they made him feel this uncertainty, fearing he'd do something folly, which in turn caused him to do so. So it wasn't the women's fault, really, it was his own. It had become increasingly hard after Mischka's death, so he'd just have to work on it, he supposed.

He made it no secret that he was approaching them, making noises and stepping on old branches on purpose so he wouldn't startle them. So when he finally brushed a large branch aside and caught them in his view, he expected them to know that he was doing just that. Speaking as he pulled the branch aside, Dawali had a smile on his face, attempting to be friendly. He could act natural at least in the beginning, it was only when the conversation started to move for certain he became unsure. Hello there! Speaking to get their attention, he directed the sentence at the woman, nodding at her. Letting his yellow eyes fall to the ground, there was the little pup, clearly a female. She was a cute one, and looking at the woman it was clear that they were mother and child. After all, it could have been a caretaker, but there was no doubt about their close relation. Slowly and carefully, the male got onto one knee to be more level with the pup, and spoke directly to the girl. Oh my! Now, what is such a cute little girl doing so far away from home? The smile on his face wasn't fake politeness; Dawali loved children. At first, when he was a fresh father, he'd been tense about it, but soon found that it came naturally. Children were easier than adults anyway, especially little girls versus older girls.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread