Talking to the ones that are not there
[html]
-rambles too-

It made her smile to watch the way that the two interacted. She didn't know if this male had ever had children of his own, or if he simply knew these kinds of things. How to act around young ones. Naniko felt strangely at ease as she sat there, letting her daughter take the lead in their conversation with the stranger. Brooklyn was a bright girl, good at speaking to others and getting her opinions and points across. Naniko was slowly teaching her more and more. Maybe Brooklyn would lead her own pack someday.

Brook craned her head to the side, trying to see all of the feathers that he had. They were all very beautiful colors, some colors that she had only seen once or twice in her entire life. The picture books that her mother brought home from the city sometimes had color painted on the pages to make the images seem more real, but more often than not they were in black and white. She had never seen a wolf with feathers in their hair before. It was so interesting! She wasn't sure what he was doing when he reached behind himself, and almost backed away, but she soon realized what he had done. A feather for her! She touched it with one toe, laughing. It was so soft--it tickled her paw.

Naniko reached down for the feather, sliding it into the fur behind the white pup's ear. Brooklyn flicked her ear back and forth a few times to make sure that it wasn't going to fall out, then grinned back up at Dawali. "Is! Is a pretty feather, too" She'd always be on the lookout for feathers, now. She'd seen one or two before...but they had always been very darkly colored.

The mother shook her head, still amused, waiting for his introduction before she spoke again. "I thought so...but some people just have it naturally. The patience and understanding" She wasn't exactly sure what a tribe was. She wasn't too worried about looking ignorant; she couldn't help the fact that she had been born and raised in these lands, and hadn't been exposed to much. "I'm Naniko D'angelo and this is Brooklyn D'angelo, my daughter. You said a tribe? I've never heard that word. At least...not used with wolves."

It was definitely interesting information, though, information that she could relay back to Savina. They liked to keep track of the neighbors; packs came and went, but she hoped to keep Crimson Dreams around for a while. And this tribe was very close to their packlands, in all reality. She wanted to know what they were like, especially if Ember felt like she fit in here. She had to know that Ember was alright. "Ember is my sister through adoption; my mother had her litter after adopting me. We were wondering how she was--if she was doing okay." She explained, trying to show their goodwill. They weren't here for no reason, sniffing around another group's borders.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread