i can feel a pull from the outside world
[html]

The child was utterly fascinated with him as though he was honestly that interesting to her. He himself was thus quite intrigued by her apparent curiosity. Unafraid of the dark and demons, she turned her attention to his feet. He watched her like a cat a mouse as she stepped into his paw-print, remarking on their similarity. "Of course they look alike," he replied, bemused by her perceived density. "I am a coyote, and you are a coyote. We all have paws with four claws. Even wolf prints look like ours." Their disgusting cousins, if you could even consider them to be such. But they did bear a resemblance, even if coyotes were obviously the more beautiful, elegant species with their delicate features. But this girl could have been mixed, as so many of them were around here. Something in her build suggested wolf, but something else also suggested coyote. She was a hybrid if anything. But even he did bear some wolf's blood through his mother as her blood hadn't been completely pure.

The girl asked after his identity. He didn't have a name to provide her with, even if he'd been willing to impart such information as his memory had begun to fail him horribly lately, but could only inform her of his symbolic persona. "I'm a devil," he replied impassively, red eyes positively demonic in the darkness. "A heretic and a killer--you should avoid me at all costs if you value your existence," the coyote continued without even a glimmer of emotion, voice soft and monotone. He was blunt and completely honest--obviously, this child would be a fool to stick around him very long. But he was utterly indifferent to yet another insignificant creature's spilled blood on his hands. If anything, he might find her positively delicious with some bbq sauce.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread