good times, bad times, you know i've seen my share
[html]

cake--

i have come curiously close to the end.

cakePrecariously the cinnamon-black hybrid balanced on the bridge railing, staring out at the streets and buildings that ruined her view. She had grown up next to the ocean, and the seas had watched her live and suffer, stood by idly as she laughed and cried. It was something she was used to seeing; turn around and there would be water. Here she saw concrete and a mess of twisted metal. Nothing else, and it was an oddly refreshing change. There were no thoughts of beauty or destruction in her head, of life lost or the humans' self-destructive nature; she saw a playground, a world of things she hadn't discovered yet to take her mind off the things she had discovered too young. It was pretty awesome, actually, and like some six-year-old on a sugar high she didn't know where to start.

cakeA flash of red-brown hair glinted in the sunlight as Talitha jumped from the railing and took the concrete stairs two at a time, careful of the snow and possible ice that covered them. There were broken signs and cars littering the streets, and she knew she'd find dead humans in the houses, surrounded by their material treasures. It was around here she'd found her guitar, entertaining thoughts of the before-life she wanted back so badly as she had done so. Red eyes wide and alert, standing still on the street, the hybrid girl grinned to herself as she tried to choose what caught her attention the most. Eventually deciding this was too difficult, she simply headed for the largest building, the flashiest one, the one with the old four-story high movie posters on the outside.

cakeFive minutes later, she had yelled at (and successfully frightened off) a group of rats, broken an old popcorn machine, and found her way behind the front counter to break into the cash register. Staring at the thing, the girl pressed a few buttons experimentally, and found nothing. Bending over slightly, she picked at the lock with her claw, telling herself she needed to learn how to break into stuff better. Oh well, no matter, if this didn't work in a moment, she'd easily find something else to amuse herself. There were still a bunch of rooms to explore, and she really had no idea what to expect.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread