boys over flowers
[html]

we prey as wolves among the sheep
and slit the necks of soldiers while they sleep

"Savina," Apollo scoffed, "don’t worry about it. I mean, really. I wouldn’t take it that far. I just stole his attention for a minute. I’m sure things would have been fine even if I hadn’t wandered by…" But he let his voice trail off. He knew that her injuries had been significant. And judging by the way the coyote chased after him, he probably wouldn’t have stopped fighting until a more finite conclusion occurred. He knew exactly what Savina was thinking. It would have really been a fight to the death. Had Apollo not had this secret compassion for Savina, had he not felt so protective of her…

He didn’t want to think of that anymore. He took Savina’s speech as an exit. He focused on her words rather than think of the other horror. "A monster?" He said, trying the word out for himself. Whatever had happened that day, Apollo couldn’t explain. Savina hadn’t seemed like herself, but she hadn’t seemed like a monster either. "Maybe it was just the adrenaline?" He wanted to believe that, but he knew there was more than just adrenaline at play. His thoughts were interpreted by what Savina said next, however. "What do you mean?" Apollo asked, furrowing his brows. "What did he do to my father!" He demanded, suddenly furious that this coyote had done something to his father which had upset Savina, and then had the nerve to injure the Italian girl. Had he had a monster inside of him as well, Apollo was sure it would have emerged now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread