First Day of My Life
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

"Of course!" Slay blurted too quickly. "That is, if you don't mind," he back-pedaled, realizing he sounded far too eager. Still, he had just been so worried that she wouldn't give him the time of day. Getting a second chance after everything had spiraled away so quickly... It was more than he had hoped for.

Was he supposed to make small talk? Since she had invited him indoors, should he compliment her on the house, congratulate her for settling in? It wasn't really his style, but he let his eyes wander anyway, looking for something to start a topic. He could see the strange patterns of light those colourful windows cast on the floors as the snowflakes drifted in and out of view... Everything inside was dusty, except for the crystalline glass. Slay felt the beginnings of a smirk, finding it amusing that she had apparently given up after such a short effort. He would have done the same.

"Listen, Cercelee - I've been thinking, and, I wanted to ask you something. Don't get upset! I'll answer anything you want to know too, as long as you'll hear me out..." Slay bit his lip, anxiously trying to hold her gaze with his worried pale eyes. If he could get this off of his chest, it would be so much easier to relax, for the both of them. He wouldn't feel like his insides were trying to create an intricate knot, and maybe then she wouldn't look so painfully fragile, with that shy, sad voice.

"I... I think I did deserve that, y-your being angry, because I wasn't being fair to you. I didn't mean to say that you couldn't have other friends, or, th-that you couldn't... like them... Is... there someone you like here, Cer? I'm not gonna yell, not ever again, so please tell me, and, I'll be okay with whatever you say..." Now he couldn't look at her anymore. He suppressed a nervous yawn, drowsiness offering to put him to sleep in place of this ever-so-awkward conversation. Usually it would be more tactful to ask a girl's friends these sort of questions, but to the best of his knowledge, Cer didn't have those sorts of friends. If she said yes, he would have to back off... Better to remain her companion than be shut out completely, right...? If she could be happy...

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread