First Day of My Life
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OoC: Ah ha ha, serves him right for being indecisive!

She closed the door... Slay felt a moment of claustrophobia, the walls looming over him, the narrow kitchen corridor too small, too tight... but it passed as he swallowed it down, breathing deeply and watching the windows. This tall-ceilinged building had far more space that the tiny dens outdoors, or the cave he kept trying to forget about. The short moment he spent wrestling with his thoughts made him miss how quickly Cercelee returned to her original spot, avoiding the close proximity. When he glanced up again, it was as though she had never moved.

When he had finished stammering his question, the arctic wolf had been staring down at his paws. When she spoke, desperation in her plea, his gaze flicked back up to meet hers. Why did she sound so... helpless? 'I don't know...' How do you not know if you like someone, he wondered with a touch of resentment. That feeling was suddenly squashed as it dawned on him... His own feelings.

Would I stay here... always?

Slay inhaled sharply as Cercelee blurted out, so easily, the thing he had wanted all along but couldn't wrap his mind around it. In the short time he had been here, so much had happened - when they were together. The protectiveness he felt about her, both regarding her friendships and her dangerous position; the light-hearted fun they shared together, with no one else; the righteous anger that had burned in his chest when she was injured during the war, his own subsequent breakdown, and then the all-encompassing relief he had felt when she came back into his life... Friends didn't feel this way about each other. And if they did, with this much conviction, then they were just ignoring the fact that this was something more. Cercelee was a girl who looked past all appearances, who ignored rank, and had accepted him from the start. She was... well, perfect.

"I... Well... Cercelee, are you really asking me...?" Slay breathed incredulously, cringing as her eyes widened with shock. She hadn't meant to ask him to... to move in together, to... live together... to be together forever? Did she? She still hadn't answered his question, and now he wasn't certain how she felt about anything, let alone... him...

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread