First Day of My Life
[html]

I... Well... Cercelee, are you really asking me...? Cercelee licked her lips and averted her gaze. It was true that she hadn’t meant to say it, not like that, not at this time. Yet it was also true that she wanted it, had thought about it more than once, believed it would make her happy. Knew it would make her happy. He hadn’t said yes though. He doubted her, that she meant it, that she wanted it. Or maybe he just didn’t want to. Possibly he was stalling for time, trying to find an easy way out. If she said no, she wasn’t really asking, they he would be off the hook. He wouldn’t have to reject her, break her heart, she knew that even if he didn’t want her, he didn’t want to hurt her. The idea of just taking it all back crossed her mind, just to keep Slay from having to say no.

"I..." The words were on the tip of her tongue. I don’t know why I said that, forgive me Slay. Yet she couldn’t bring herself to say them. Cercelee found that it was impossible to lie to him, to lie to herself. "Yes, I am really asking you." Her words were firm, clear, her voice strong. Exhaling a breath she didn’t know she had been holding she smiled hesitantly at Slay. "If you don’t want to, that’s okay. We’ll just forget I asked and go back to how things were before, before now and before the fight... if that’s what you want." Cer had no idea what Slay wanted, but she wanted him to be happy, even if that meant rejecting her and making a fool out of her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread