First Day of My Life
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OoC: How's this? You can post again if you like, or let it end here... Slay is such a dweeb. xD

Wreathed in smiles, Slay was pleased to see how much Cer enjoyed the flattery. She usually brushed off his perfumed phrases - although in this new and exciting context, they held a different, truer meaning. "Who's fawning, my love? It's not as though you have any competition for my attentions, and your radiant beauty outshines all of our plainer packmates..." Firefly scared him, to be honest, and he had not considered the fiery Sadira attractive since she threatened him. Cwmfen had a different sort of man in mind, one wilder and more dangerous than sleepy ol' Slay. Mew had never given him a chance, being preoccupied with Dasaevio and thoughts of Lubomir. Cer really didn't have much to worry about... It was all the handsome new bachelors trotting about that were more bothersome, but they'd have to come knocking here to see his plucky snowdrop, and he'd be happy to open the door...

The broad-chested wolf was positively giddy. As Cercelee motioned to the different sections of the church - storing food indoors, or even buried in the snow by the back door, would make things extra-easy for the lazy hunter - he padded loyally at her heels, watching her every movement.

The shrine he had no use for, and yawned as they passed it by for their nearby destination - the fabled bedroom. He had peeked in here through the window outside - standing in it together, there wasn't a lot of room... It felt a little cramped, and he resisted entering for a moment or two. The window helped, but it was closed, making it seem more like a small den. Then... seeing Cercelee standing hesitantly in the chamber, looking almost embarrassed by the cramped quarters she was offering him, he quickly joined her side. Maybe he could convince her to open the windows when it wasn't snowing, the next time she assumed her two-legger form? "This is where we sleep, you say? So, I assume this is where... other... things happen as well?" Slay arched an eyebrow suggestively, a roguish twinkle in his pale eyes. They were mates now, right? And there was something mates were allowed to do that other wolves weren't supposed to... He had been willing to wait a little longer, but all of her lingering glances and tantalizing touches had him raring to go.

Not waiting for an answer, he padded over to inspect the bed, deeply inhaling Cercelee's unique scent that overlaid the musty age of the furniture. It was a human contraption, but it was clear that wolves could be comfortable on its springy surface. He let his ebony-dipped tail wave behind him as he yawned deeply... all that talk about sleep was making him drowsy. Not to mention the emotional roller coaster he was still coasting along. Turning back to meet Cercelee's eyes again, to see what her thoughts were, he found himself yawning a third time, right on the heels of the second. "Uh-oh," he mumbled, eyelids fluttering. "Maybe when I wake up...?" he offered wistfully, hoping he hadn't ruined the moment, and let his chin sink into the mattress, drifting into a deep and immediate sleep. He would be mighty upset when he awoke, for he knew his narcolepsy insisted on knocking him out at the most inappropriate of times, but for now, his hazy mind had turned to dreaming of her... his mate.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread