thread title missing
[html]
Jefferson had asked her if she knew that she could get hurt, wandering in and out of claimed territories without a care in the world. In retrospect, she was very lucky to have stumbled upon Pendzez. And Jefferson, the first time she had come on to Phoenix Valley lands. It seemed there was someone looking out for her, some invisible wall that separated her from those would have become violent at her presence. She wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

"I don't really have any business with Jefferson," she said. She pondered his title, turning it over in her mind. Naniko was the leader of Crimson Dreams, and her title was "Commander." She found Jefferson's title strange somehow. She had always associated the title of patriarch or matriarch as belonging to an elderly, kindly family member who had smiled over the faces of generations of children. She couldn't see how Jefferson could fit that definition. Although, he seemed to care for his pack in his own way. He had stopped her at his borders, telling her to get lost.

She smiled sheepishly at the white male. "I met him not long ago. We talked for a while," she said. That wasn't totally a lie. She had talked, or whispered. He had yelled quite a bit. She figured that between their differences in volume, everything had evened out. "I guess I thought I'd just happen upon him again. Kind of silly, huh?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread