seeing myself this way, I am a monster I believe
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/14y5pg6.png); background-position: center bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 494px; outline-color: rgb(154, 154, 154); outline-style: solid; outline-width: 1px; background-color: rgb(104, 214, 235);">
A ghost in the system, and angel on the stairs.
     Tayui allowed herself a quiet chuckle at her sister's words; indeed, Aurèle's powers of observation appeared to be as strong as ever. The chuckle quickly morphed into a lopsided smile, then a shake of her head and the raising of one eyebrow. “Perhaps I might. I can tell them not to be like their mean old aunt Aurèle. But that hardly enforces a positive learning environment, so I think you're in luck,” she replied lightly, glad she could refer to their childhood with such ease. With the risk of sounding clichéd, Tayui felt as though a great weight had been lifted from her shoulders. She could converse with her sister without worrying (as much) about what Aurèle would say or do. Although she did not trust Aurèle fully -- and still suspected there might be an ulterior motive hidden somewhere, regardless of the situation -- she was willing to wipe away everything and start over. They had both changed. Perhaps she could get to know the new Aurèle. If her new sister was like what she remembered, well, Tayui just hoped no one else would get hurt when she discovered that (if at all).

Perhaps it would be better to not know at all. “Trying something new is a popular saying around here. Perhaps we should give it a try,” she replied, repressing the urge to wink. She was no longer a puppy, and the gesture would probably look out of place, if not forced. “There's a few flat rocks a short ways away. They're probably covered in snow, but once we clear them off, I should think they would make a suitable dining location.” Tayui laughed, surprised at how silly her words sounded. She shook her head slowly, then glanced over to Aurèle to evaluate her reply.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread