seeing myself this way, I am a monster I believe
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/14y5pg6.png); background-position: center bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 494px; outline-color: rgb(154, 154, 154); outline-style: solid; outline-width: 1px; background-color: rgb(104, 214, 235);">
A ghost in the system, and angel on the stairs.
     She did not need him. She had not needed him, not ever, and never would. For a long time, she had thought she would never need to be in contact with her family again, but here she was, talking to Aurèle. She had not imagined this would ever happen, that she would ever want to see her sibling's face again, and so Aurèle's strange laughter came as a surprise to her. On some distant level, Tayui acknowledged her sister's reply as normal, as something so Aurèle-like that she could both dismiss it and peruse it and watch the green-eyed girl with discontent. And on some other level -- the closer, more familiar one she knew was still barely within reach -- she felt resentment rip through her chest with such force that she nearly gasped aloud. Her sister was laughing. And for some reason, it mattered to Tayui.

Before, it wouldn't have, but now, it was different. Almost like she valued what her sister had to say, what she thought. Tayui frowned, eyeing Aurèle warily as she moved toward the the kill. “Yes,” she replied after a pause, and: “they do.” She glanced over at the kill, then at her sister. She leaned down, motioning with her hand toward the dead animal, indicating that she needed some help. She grasped a leg with each hand, testing the weight of the carcass. Too heavy to lift by herself. Tayui looked at Aurèle once more, her eyes saying, assist me, but inside, she was demanding.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread