seeing myself this way, I am a monster I believe
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/14y5pg6.png); background-position: center bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 494px; outline-color: rgb(154, 154, 154); outline-style: solid; outline-width: 1px; background-color: rgb(104, 214, 235);">
A ghost in the system, and angel on the stairs.
     The two of them worked in tandem, lifting the carcass up and onto the stones. Tayui paused for a second, examining the dead body, then shrugged. She moved to gather up the pups and shepherd them to their crude dining table. Tayui heard Aurèle address her and chuckled quietly to herself. So she did ask. Tayui had wondered if she would. Their names. She paused, frowned, smiled, and-- “Noir and Ocèane are the two girls. Attila and Claudius are the two boys.” She paused for a moment, about to point each out to Aurèle when her sister interjected. Tayui turned to see the beginnings of an escape mission, and laughed quietly when she saw who it was. “That's Attila, the one who's trying to escape,” she stated with a snort. “Noir and Ocèane are the ones helping him, and Claudius... looking rather guilty at the back there.” She nodded her thanks to her sister, then moved to see what the puppies were up to.

Attila had taken it upon himself to wiggle free of the furs, so Tayui found him sitting proudly beside the sled. Noir and Ocèane were smirking (obviously proud of the part they had played in freeing their brother from the oppression of the warm, cozy furs), while Claudius was frowning guiltily. Tayui chuckled, then shook her head. “Out we go!” she declared, and the three remaining children bounded out of the sled -- landing in the snow with a distinct oomph -- and scrambled to climb the rock. Ocèane made it first, followed by Noir, Attila, and Claudius, who seemed to be a little hesitant to venture up the rock. He eventually found some footholds and scampered up, tripping over his feet once he was on top.

Once they had all assembled, Noir and Ocèane stumbled over to where Aurèle was and began to babble about their trip in the sled, the food, the rock, daisies, octopi, and an assortment of ideas that did not necessarily connect. Tayui examined the corpse, moving closer to better take it apart. “Children, say thank you to Aunt Aurèle for the food she brought us,” she reminded the puppies, each of them voicing their thanks to varying degrees. Tayui raised her eyebrows, chuckled, then glanced at Aurèle to see what she would like to do.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread