seeing myself this way, I am a monster I believe
[html]

They came, one after another, resembling her sister and the unknown man in part. Names that meant little (for human history did not interest the woman) were given to the boys, but she marked these down as well as the others and did well to remember them. Regardless of what had or had not passed between the two, they were family, and these children were her family as well.
     It was the girls who made their way towards her first, tiny little drunken figures that spoke endlessly and told two stories at once, both overlapping each other. She smiled and tried to listen, but managed only to make out minor details and no solid storyline that she could follow. A warm smile was offered in response to the children’s prompted thanks. “You’re welcome,”she granted, pushing her hair from her face.
     The two adults began to work the skin off the animal, allowing the children access to the prime and softer flesh that would serve as their meal. “How are you enjoying living here?” Idle, small conversation. Anything but the silence.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread