seeing myself this way, I am a monster I believe
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/14y5pg6.png); background-position: center bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 494px; outline-color: rgb(154, 154, 154); outline-style: solid; outline-width: 1px; background-color: rgb(104, 214, 235);">
A ghost in the system, and angel on the stairs.
     There was no pause, no quiet reflection. An offer of thanks and a sincere, You're welcome in return. Tayui smiled, glad her sister and her children were able to interact with smiles and grins. She was doubly glad the puppies felt comfortable enough around her sister to talk to her, for Tayui had been concerned they might cling too much to her in the absence of a father figure. Even though she knew she preferred it this way, Tayui could not help but wonder what it would do for them (or to them) -- not having a father, that was. Certainly, she had Dawali and Lannen, but neither were their fathers'. Tayui only wanted to give them as good a life as possible. She did not want to deprive them of anything they deserved.

Tayui began to work with Aurèle, skinning the animals so they could better access the organs, the meat. Perhaps she could dry the fur and give it to Aurèle as a present -- of thanks -- unless Aurèle was thinking of doing that herself. “I like the trees,” Claudius replied suddenly, inching closer. “They're tall. Ahn pritt-tee,” he said, nodding once. Then he grew embarassed, flattening his ears and seeking refuge with his sisters. “I's likes yummy! Meat is! Moose-i-bou!” another one declared, but Tayui could not place the voice. It sounded as though any one of them could have said it, for their voice was excited, and followed with a puppyish burp. “Ewwww,” Noir shouted, and Tayui chuckled. “They are... a lively bunch,” Tayui said at last.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread