seeing myself this way, I am a monster I believe
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/14y5pg6.png); background-position: center bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 494px; outline-color: rgb(154, 154, 154); outline-style: solid; outline-width: 1px; background-color: rgb(104, 214, 235);">
A ghost in the system, and angel on the stairs.
     It seems nice here: a sudden, yet controlled outburst. Tayui tilted her head to one side, watching her sister for a moment. She said nothing in reply, but only curiously regarded her sister. She could see her sister pause, shake her hair, pause once more, glance at Tayui, and then speak. Again, another deviation. It was only natural that Aurèle would prefer to discuss something else -- anything else. Rather than looking back at the fire and devastation, she recognized her sister would most likely prefer to focus on the current time. Now. Tayui did, too. But she was still curious.

A fire in the north. But it had been icy. There had been trees. Yes, that was what had happened. There had to have been trees, otherwise it would not have been a fire. Not a possible fire. Not the one she remembered. Tayui wondered if she was frowning now - she hoped she wasn't. But why did she remember snow and fire? Fire and ice? But there had been trees. Sparse vegetation. They hadn't lived that far north, had they?

“It's lovely here,” she replied after some time, smiling slightly. Here, now -- it was wonderful. She'd loved Jaded Shadows, but that too had ended in a torrent of flame. How coincidental. “Ueli and Honoré had golden eyes,” she noted. “And blue and yellow make green,” she added, in reference to her sister's eyes. She smiled. They'd had golden eyes. Tayui wondered where they were now. Alive? Dead? Or had they vanished, like so many did in Bleeding Souls? Perhaps it was the curse -- everywhere.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread