like a leaf clings to a tree
[html]

Cercelee nodded as Lubomir confirmed her words. The male seemed to know what would be expected of him and still wished for the job. It was a relief to have someone who wanted to share the diplomatic duties with her. Cercelee did not particularly like carrying the co-rank and leading the pack at the same time, the duties intersected too often and she had no one to converse with on political and social matters. Now she could consult Lubomir. Of course, she would have to watch his progress. Keeping peace between the packs was important to the Rosea, but from the sound of his speech now and the what little she saw of him at the hunt or heard of him from Mew and the others, he seemed to have a level enough head on his shoulders.

“Ambassador it is then. And I will resign as Diplomat, it will be a relief to me. Perhaps I should take up Historian though. Less stress with that co-rank and I have been here since the beginning...” Cercelee had begun speaking to Lubomir and slowly trailed off speaking to herself. Remembering her company she snapped back to the male, and smiled cooly. “Forget the incident with the Inferni leader... many wolves who find themself on the wrong side of their borders have just such an incident. Just remember in the future to try and avoid any other incidents with their members. Now you are somewhat of a role model for Dahlia. I know I can’t keep all my members from picking fights with those coyotes, but at least you and I will be able to say Dahlia means them no ill will.” Haku and Mew did mean them ill will though, and she couldn’t say if Firefly or Cwmfen would argue with those two on the subject or not. Cercelee was the single high ranking wolf who actively promoted peace with the clan, and she hoped Lubomir did not mind taking her side on the issue.

Official business was over. Lubomir could ask all the question he wished but he had the job, and there had been another reason he had given for coming to her door. Almost playfully the small female smiled at the larger male. “And what of Mew?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread