Bartering for the life of another
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/07.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry for any bad spelling, my spellcheck has died on me :/

Sitting down, warming his hands on the fire, Dawali had just begun to fill a cup-like, hammered piece of metal with snow, thinking to boil it over the fire for a nice hot drink. As his hands were doing this, his senses noticed a change of smell, and soft noises from the direction of the packlands. Someone was coming? His hands stopped doing their task, ears listening for the smallest of sounds, and head turned so he could look into the vegetation. Something was moving, slowly, carefully, and coming in his direction. The smell spoke of a female - yes! Perhaps, if she was representative of the pack, she would want to trade him for the beads! Still he wished to hold on to the large leather bags, but he knew it was not really that realistic. Estimating how far away the female was, and by the speed she was moving at, he decided to finish his project of the boilt water, and then wait for her. And he didexactly that. Making sure the cup was filled and hard-packed with snow he put it next to one of the rocks that made the ring around his fireplace, sat down on one of the previously mentioned bags and warmed his hands while waiting. It was cold, and evening was approaching, which didn't lessen his need for heat. Hopefully this whole ordeal would be swiftly over with and he could set up his camp properly, not having to worry about anyone mistaking him for an intruder. Everything was more comfortable the second he had a roof of any sort over his head, and some furs to lay his body on. Shaking slightly, he couldn't believe how some still slept on the ground, which had to be freezing cold this time of year. Humid air left his mouth and steadily formed clouds that evaporated into the evening air above his head, snow beginning to settle on his shoulders as a tiny blanket. Patient as ever, Dawali still wished she would come soon.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread