Bartering for the life of another
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/07.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Gvihita appeared on his shoulder, feathers bristling with anger at their unjust treatment of him, although he sent her a mental note to calm down. He didn't hold any mental powers, however, and naturally she would not get his "message", but she calmed down in a few moments, noticing his own lack of agitation. She was not visible to the others present, naturally, even if she could have been had she wanted to. Pinching his shoulder with her claws (again something she chose to do, since nothing - no laws of any kind - bound her to having a material form at all. It was simply her way of letting him know where she was, and she also slightly enjoyed the reward of his irritation), she seemed to quench a squeak, before she took off again - bored with the lack of his humiliation.

The femme presented him with a question, and also a slight reprimand for not addressing her properly (how could he, when he did not know her name until now?), but the angry male in front of him spoke again before any words could exit Dawali's mouth. He craved a name, something which Dawali could easily offer, and also provided him with their names and the male's rank. So he had been right! He was highly ranked - something which explained his behavior towards the femme, too. He had seemed to calm down a fair bit as the red wolf had been speaking, and it made Dawali all the more confident that the meeting would prove successful, despite a rough start. This, in turn, meant that the situation now was more formal than it would have been otherwise, and thus Dawali offered one of his more formal titles, as custom forced him to. Just as he opened his mouth and turned slightly so he could look at both the wolves present, despite the blindness of the female, he thought it wise to add his casual name as well. After all, few would know who they were talking about ,should they ever seek him, if not.

Very pleased to meet you Jefferson, and Iskata. I am Tsugi Amara, or more commonly called Dawali, sub-leader and Bone Bearer of the AniWaya tribe quite far to the southwest. As he said their names he nodded to each of them, again forgetting that Iskata couldn't see him. He just wasn't used to blindness, and uncertainty crept into him for a second before he let it go. Hopefully she would understand his good intentions sooner or later, and he could begin to help this along by answering her question. I've come here hoping to trade with you. A stranger, from Dahlia de Mai, told me maybe a moon back that you keep horses and stock. Mine are in grave need of food, and my pack don't have the numbers of adults to support them through plain labor. Unfortunately we settled here too late for crops this year.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread