Bartering for the life of another
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/01.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
When it came to Phoenix Valley and a means for defense, well, Jefferson had little faith in his members. It wasn't that he didn't know anything about them, no, he just knew that they would be relatively worthless in the face of some sort of raid. Pendzez and Allegro were both soft and foolish; they hadn't the wisdom needed to survive an actual battle, which was probably why they'd paired up and ogling each other somewhere he'd made a conscious decision not to venture towards for the sake of his sanity. Whinifred was probably the brawniest girl he'd seen in Phoenix Valley, but even she was some sort of delicate little flower stained one way or another. She had others do her dirty work. There was respect in that somewhere, but it wouldn't be of use in war. Iskata... spoke for herself. She could whine someone to death, quite possibly. He and DaVinci could have held their own perfectly well; the two would make a great team, should the need ever arise. Jefferson took the time to devote that to memory, that is, until Iskata mumbled something he'd expected from her eventually and skulked off. He rolled his eye, sighed, and turned back to the gentle-tongued foreigner.

"Phoenix Valley is little threat," he said quietly, shrugging his shoulders.
"We don't have any enemies; the other packs tend to leave us alone. We're just a bunch of misfits and dreamers put together. Our enemies would have to worry about my subleader and I, that's all." He trusted Dawali, somehow, as if forming some sort of respectable boundary between the two without needed to mention it outright. He gave the concept some thought, offered a slight smile, and looked at the stranger a bit more confidently. "I don't mind a trade... or an alliance, at that. You and your pack seem friendly enough." He personally had no reservations about any other pack in particular; in fact, he'd managed to meet a kind face from each of them... that was, except Inferni. He'd heard some rumors about them and knew to be cautious, but the clan itself had yet to give him any sort of impression. One could be cautious, though. "Our pack is still a small one... we have food to spare, though I don't know what you were planning for an exchange."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread