Bartering for the life of another
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/07.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Word Count: 467

The female seemed dissatisfied with his answer and wandered off to - seemingly - spend time with the horse instead. He followed her with his eyes, and when he saw that she approached Bella he quietly gave her a warning. Bella was not always tolerant with unshifted wolves. "Be careful, she doesn't like the four-legged form much." Obviously she didn't want to be part of the conversation, and thus Dawali let her exclude herself, looking back to the one-eyed male. He seemed to choose his words carefully, and the subconscious (perhaps) actions of his body told Dawali that he was not attempting deceit. His demeanor seemed to become milder and more positive by every sentence the two males exchanged, and when he finally admitted that he would agree with a trade Dawali felt relief sink into his body for sure. So, the youngest horses would not need to die. Whoever had made sure the females shared a stable with a male during a time where mating wasn't allowed was unknown, but Dawali was not happy with it. The result had been foals in a bad time of the year, a time where they would normally have to worry mostly about themselves, not the stock. Ah well, if it all got sorted now he could push it out of his mind. Smiling, his yellow eyes sought the one green in front of him, as he spoke, optimistic. "An alliance would be great, it should ensure friendship between our members. And hopefully that would mean we could cooperate with each other on other occasions." Another one of those formal, two-second lasting bows was directed at Jefferson, until he continued to speak. "Should you ever need help we will assist you, that's my word."

The matriarch wanted to know what he had to offer for trade, and whilst glancing back to the bag on the horse, Dawali sighed mentally. It wasn't much, now that he thought about it. Food was more important than what he could offer them, as it seemed they weren't that interested in decorating themselves, nor building huts. Yellow eyes lingered on the horse and its cargo for a few seconds while he thought about what to say. Hopefully the male would see some importance in his useless items? "For trading.. I have brought with me a few things.. I have some glass pearls and other ornaments which I thought perhaps the women might find interesting... I also have three large leather bags which might be useful for handling or storing food, and I think also one skin that's very nice for a bed. " Looking to the other he hoped it would not be disappointing. If they were of no interest,however, Dawali could offer them meats or services, or tools. He just hadn't brought them here.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread