Bartering for the life of another
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Mm, finish soon?

He nodded, understanding. Dawali was still something of a stranger; even if he went back and told his pack that Phoenix Valley and AniWaya were allied, there was still no point in sucking them dry of their resources. Besides, the one-eyed brute wasn't that heartless, and they did have enough horses of their own. In all reality, he didn't much care for trading--he would have lodged the houses without anything in return, but with Iskata's presence, he didn't want to look... bad. He didn't want her to think he was a careless leader in any which way, even though she probably wouldn't have considered him as such in a thousand years. Most likely, she would have said something by now.

"Don't worry about it, then," he shrugged, smiling comfortably. Hell, just get the deal over with so the poor guy could get back home. "I don't mind if you leave your horses here. I can't assure you they won't be used sparingly by my members who don't know any better, but I live in the farmhouse beside the ranch. My subleader and I check in on the animals often enough." Springtime was slowly approaching; it would be nice to see some new animals grazing, even if for the sake of seeing peace in the packlands.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread