Bartering for the life of another
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/07.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Done, you can post again if you want or something!
Word Count: 327

Dawali studied his colleague, as he considered him that, both having ranks in leadership of a tribe or pack, as the one-eyed male nodded. As he opened his mouth to speak, the red wolf noticed the friendly tone, and mentally gave himself a pat on the shoulder. He'd done good, was on good terms with this Jefferson of Phoenix Valley, and for this he was glad. Not so many packs were known to him, and certainly not all of them had become known to him via something positive, like this. Perhaps the food was somewhat overpriced - trading horses for horse food came to Dawali as somewhat folly, although he did not want to offend, and he desperately needed this food should the foals and their mothers survive. So right now he traded two horses for four horses lives, and it was fair enough, probably. Jefferson spoke of caring for the animals, and Dawali found himself smiling and nodding, glad to know that there were members who knew how to tend them and care for them properly.Indirectly he also learned that they did have housing for them as well, which comforted the man. Everything was good-looking on both parts of the deal. Casually, Dawali bent down and picked up his leather satchel on the ground, signalizing that he was considering the conversation at its conclusion. "Sounds all good to me. I'll bring you two adult horses one of the following days, and pick up the food then? I'd best get back home now." Again he nodded his peculiar greeting (this time more of a signal of departure), a prolonged nod directed at first Jefferson, then Iskata, who was still there, but quiet and preoccupied with Bella. He did not wait for a response from either. One foot kicked sand onto the fireplace until it stopped giving off smoke and light, and soon he was on top of the horse, smacking his lips to direct her forward.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread