Do you cry to the heavens high?
[html]

Adelaida’s reaction was a little surprising. The Bluet simply stared at her sibling in disbelief, wondering just how she could pretend their last argument never happened. Alexey remembered everything, every little detail: from the spiteful words they had exchanged to Ade’s fervent disapproval of Lexey’s decision to join Dahlia de Mai. It just didn’t make any sense. Why was Adelaida a member of Dahlia de Mai when she truly believed that luperci were the spawn of the Devil? Filthy shifters, Monsters, Freaks; words that Adelaida had used when describing shape-shifters.

Unfortunately for the masked female, Lexey hadn’t forgotten. "What would you have cared if I did get killed? Apparently your friends are more important than family. More important than me." A barely audible growl escaped her throat as she recalled the accusation, the most hurtful of them all. In a way, Alexey was glad that her sister finally came to realize that luperci weren’t anything like she pictured them to be. What made her angry was the fact that Adelaida had deliberately made her life hell a few months back without thinking twice about it.

Most importantly, Adelaida would have to accept the fact that Alexey was now one of them too. It seemed her short romance with Aiden Oriel had done some permanent damage. He had left her a little parting gift, the kind of gift that would stay with her forever. Now wasn’t the time to drop the bomb on her sibling though, as they were already walking on egg shells.

The tawny girl remained impassive while her sister explained that she and Sankor had been waiting for her return. Lexey missed her brother more than anything, but she was much too proud to show it. “Well I’m back, Ade. What now?” she asked, softening up a bit.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread