Just waiting for the ice to melt
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">

ooc: Open to anyone! C:

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Slay smiled contentedly, settling his large body into the snow to relax. He could see his breath frosting before him, but it was warmer than it had been the past few days, which pleased him. All in all, though, he had been in such a good mood the past few days - he had even been willing to sleep inside of a human dwelling, something his claustrophobic self had shied against since he had arrived here. He wondered whether Cercelee had purposely chosen a building with extra-tall ceilings and multiple windows, or if the spacious church had merely been coincidental. He would have to ask her later. She had left to take care of something this morning, so he idled near their home, awaiting her return.

Yes, life was good. Slay had finally taken a mate. His pale blue gaze swept over the snowy vineyard near his new home, idly letting his mind wander to the future. When spring melted all of the plants free, the overgrown expanse of vines would be quite picturesque. He could watch the sun set below the horizon, streaking the darkening sky with all of its vibrant colours, and he could take her for a walk as the stars lit their path... Slay often hid it beneath his teasing, flirtatious outer shell, but he was quite the romantic at heart, and was still high on the newness of the relationship he had begun.

Dahlia was, in fact, blossoming with several romances at the moment - there was his with the Rosea, of course; then he had heard the news of Firefly's sons being born, starting her new family with Haku; then there were the rumours of Mew and Lubomir choosing to live together already. He didn't know much about the Koios siblings, or what Ril'o or Cwmfen had been up to lately, nor had he met the newcomers Coli and Kol, but the peaceful atmosphere suited him well. The big male crossed his paws before him, yawning luxuriantly in the frozen wonderland.

Settling his chin atop his snowy paws, the arctic wolf began to hum to the tune of an old lullaby he'd heard once. "...Blacks and bays, dapples and greys... la-de-dum... pretty little horses..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread