Just waiting for the ice to melt
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
ooc: And my apologies as well! ^^;
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Slay roared in laughter, highly amused by Kol's teasing jests. The big male got a kick out of those with a sense of humor, since it was a commodity often lost over time. He hoped the Stormbringer was one of those that chose to stay in Dahlia, as he had done. Not everyone found it suitable, such as Ember Sadira, Flayra Zazkez, or his friend Susquehanna, but the wolves who made their homes here were the ones he grew to care about most. "Ho ho, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my girl. Perhaps Cercelee likes 'em big. A skinny little stick like you wouldn't stand a chance!" He flexed the muscles in his broad chest, smirking. Oh, his mate would have something to say about that! His mind wandered to imagine her, navy-blue eyes narrowed in mock anger, coming up with some snappy retort to put both he and Kol in their places. Even when they were apart, he felt as though she was still with him in some way, directing his moves and commenting at the silly things he did. It was comforting, really, to know that she was in his head, although perhaps unmated wolves wouldn't understand.

"You get along with Haku and Firefly? Really?" Slay raised his eyebrows in surprise. He had grown accustomed to the rift in their pack - the wolves who got along with him usually didn't get along with the "other side", and vice versa. "I can't say the same, although I must congratulate you on getting them to trust you. Firefly has no respect for me because of my sleeping disorder, and Haku just rubs me the wrong way. I try to steer clear of the lot of them." Although he had helped to save Firefly's life during the bear attack... Hanna had done all the fighting, but Slay had dragged Firefly and Svara both to the dusty clinic where they could receive medical attention. The fiery golden wolf had a few choice words for him, and even threatened to "make his life miserable" should he tell anyone he pulled her on a sled from the battle scene. He decided to humor her wishes and not mention it to Kol, although the story was an amusing one. "Cwmfen nic Graine, though, she's a cool lady. You'd know if you saw her - she's pitch black with these eery blue marks all over her fur, and her eyes are bone-white. She's Dahlia's Head Warrior; athletic as all get-out, and super loyal to the pack itself. She can be kinda shy, but that's because she has tribal beliefs that most of us don't follow. She's a good friend to have, though, if she'll trust you." Slay spoke fondly of her, although he knew their relationship was a friendship at best. Cercelee had been very jealous when she found out the two had spent time in private, although it wasn't what she thought it was... and they hadn't really spoken since. Cer had forgiven him when she accepted his proposal, and that had been the end of that. Privately he hoped that the Caledonian warrior found a mate of her own, to find happiness.

"Wait up a moment, violet-eyes," he drawled, recognition dawning on him. Kol had served in the war under Haku... That had been when he was off on his own, feeling sorry for himself - but they had met before, and his treacherous memory hadn't realized it until this moment. "I do know you, Kol - you were there when Cercelee came home! You, Savina, and Alexey! Goodness, I must be getting old if I already forgot all the lovely new faces. Granted, I was more than a little stressed at the time, but that's no excuse. My apologies!" He offered her an elegant bow, lowering his ebony-marked muzzle to brush the ground.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread