she wants to see, galaxies
[html]
Sorry for the holdup.

He waited with eyes flickering like pale blue flames into different areas of the forest—through one parting of tall conifer trees and into a grove of others, expecting to see someone there. He was impatient to hear at least some word of Iskata's condition from a member of Phoenix Valley, if he couldn't see her. And he wished someone would come soon. He would be very irritated if no one showed and he'd wasted his time. The irony was, there was nothing else he needed to do. So why was he so anxious?

At last, the almost inaudible noise of crumpling snow stirred him to complete alertness. Out of habit, his tail lowered for convenient submission, its pale tip brushing the snow behind him. He saw the male soon enough, noticing immediately how he limped and feeling a tinge of pity. Kansas wondered if the faulty leg was a permanent injury; he couldn't imagine that kind of misfortune.

To accompany the limp, this man had a host of scars on his face, but his one green eye was bright. Somehow, that made Kansas feel a lot more comfortable. The other voiced a simple greeting, and Kansas nodded rather jerkily in return. "Hello." The Sadira boy's own voice was quiet but gravelly; he cleared his throat with a soft half-cough. "My name is Kansas Sadira. I came looking for Iskata, or... someone who can tell me how she's doing." Afterward he paused, curious about how this tawny wolf would answer.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread