she wants to see, galaxies
[html]

JESUS CRAP long wait again. I apologize. *dies*

He was glad this male wasn't one of those who prided himself in being overly territorial. If Jefferson had exhibited any aggression, Kansas' anxiety would obviously have compounded tenfold. And he didn't want to feel any worse today. Of course, he knew he wasn't posing any immediate threat, but the man still could have driven him out right away. Kansas was somehow very grateful to him for that.

The other's face lit with recognition, and his simply-stated comment warranted a nod from the cream boy. He felt stupid for not introducing himself as Iskata's son already; perhaps his deep interest in her health had seemed odd until now. Kansas listened somberly to his answer, smiling sadly as Jefferson spoke. His eyes traveled across the scarred face as he spoke of Iskata's own blindness and scarring, noting the strange parallels. He looked quickly away, hoping Jefferson hadn't noticed his stare. "Thank you. Sir. I'd find her myself, but I don't want to disturb her. I don't... have the time right now to visit with her for as long as I'd like." How awful that sounded—no time for his own mother. To escape his guilt, he opted to change the subject, his gaze returning harmlessly to the tawny male's face. "Have you lived here long?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread