the jester in the court
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/01.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
He sat rather rigidly beside the silver-furred monstrosity of a subleader. Why on earth had he appointed that idiot to that rank, anyway? The stress of running the pack had been getting to him a while, he supposed, and he did need the help. The idiot had forced him into this stupid meeting, dragged him along, all that jazz. He really could have cared less about meeting the other pack leaders--it wasn't like they ever really needed to interact, after all. Phoenix Valley had always been rather independent, at least in his eye(s). They never really depended on the other packs, nor did Jefferson meet a whole lot of faces outside of his own pack. He did meet Cercelee that one time shortly after he'd ended up on these lands, and he had enjoyed her company. He'd wanted to see her again sometime. Thus, he straightened his back in surprise when she came into view. He'd been unshifted the last time they'd met--but for traveling's sake and the sake of not having to walk on that goddamn limp, he'd traveled two-footed. At first he wondered if he'd be recognized, and at the comfortable nod he received, he assumed so. The other white-furred female he saw, though, went unrecognized.

Never in his days did Jefferson think he would ever be sitting in a circle of pack leaders. He still wasn't used to the idea that he was one himself, that he was actually something important and worth keeping around. Surely his consultation would be somewhat useless and if he was lucky, he could slink off unnoticed at some point or another. "DaVinci, you're the one who dragged me here." He eyed the silver-furred idiot. "You talk. I'll sit."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread