missing a title
[html]
But all the miles the separate
[/html]
EDIT: Dang... I should have added 16 words for the 500wc!
[html]
disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face
[/html]

"My name is Orca Naiad," he said, somewhat taken aback by her words. Was there such a thing as equal? There was only dominant or submissive and nothing more. At hunts, in the dens, and even in the forests there had always been a way of doing things. Knowing ones place in the pack made certain that another wolf would not harm you. Orca had been fortunate that he'd been born a heavy wolf. From birth he'd always been the aggressor and gotten his way due to sheer size. It was this attitude had shaped him, made him angry at the slightest thought of weakness. Orca knew he wouldn't be able to push his way into this pack. It wasn't even an option. When she spoke of respect, Orca was once again perplexed by her. It didn't matter how much respect a wolf deserved, did it? He was sure that there were many that deserved his respect, but he did not give it to them. What would happen to the order then, if everyone listened to everyone else? There would be no consequences, no law.... so he thought. Yet, her words were so kind, and she procceeded to asking about himself.

He stepped back from her, lifting his body slighty. His weight shifted uncomfortably on his lame leg and his lip curled up in pain and defense. But it was only a moment of pain, and he turned his head away to hide the expression on his face. Now that he thought about it, Orca wasn't sure what his strengths even were. He could hunt but... any wolf could hunt. Even so, there wasn't anything he could do at the moment in the state he was in. It seemed he'd spent the majority of his life quarrelling with his brother. But what use was that anyhow...

His eyes flickered back over to her. "Perhaps there is a duty that you might give me?" he said thoughtfully. "You see, with this leg injured as it is, I don't think any strength I had would still be in me. Right now, I have only words... I could tell you that I have no problems with fighting. I could offer my fangs and claws to this pack's aid, but as I said... right now, I have only words." How was it that she made him feel so weak even though she was being so kind? Every word that came out of his mouth was horrifying. How could he stand there so serenely and tell her how useless he was... He could have lied. At least then, Orca would not have felt terrible shame he was in that moment as he finished speaking. Blue eyes sparked at her. Perhaps if she allowed him to stay he could show her what a use he could be and, maybe, a lawless pack where everyone was equal wouldn't be so bad.

[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread