locked inside reality's maze
[html]

Out of Character

SO SORRY, I actually completely forgot I had a thread outside DdM, lmfao! <33333333333333

Word Count: 617

In Character

Kol couldn't help the easy laugh that resulted from Cer's casual comment. She could just imagine having just returned to Dahlia, then explaining exactly why their fearless leader was now smushed in the slushy snow. The pack would probably have tarred and feathered her or issued some other such cruel and unusual punishment. The surprise meeting between the scarred Stormbringer and her inversely-colored Rosea was more like running into a good old friend rather than one's superior. It was a nice change from the chaos that had haunted the girl back in the Valley for those long months.

Kol took note of the small wounds on her leader's face as Cercelee seemed to do the same thing, her navy eyes tracing lines across the charcoal girl's various war wounds and healed scars. None of them would probably be as noticable as the twin lines that crossed her left eye, a gift from Hybrid Holocaust in the heat of the final encounter of the Inferni war. Kol had always mused over how it seemed her bloodline was excellent at protecting vital parts of their bodies during a fight, but failed miserably at shielding their faces. She was the third female Stormbringer, to her knowledge, to have nearly lost an eye, and many of the males bore severe scars on their faces as well. Her grandfather's most recognizable one started just above the brow of his right eye near his ear, and extended down his cheek, across his neck, and halfway down his chest. She wouldn't be surprised if one day one of her vain relatives crafted some sort of mask to ward off the Stormbringers' penchant for facial ruin.

Before Kol could inquire about the fresh wounds along her Rosea's muzzle, Cercelee beat her to the punch. The girl sighed a bit regretfully at the mention of mischief; if only it had been that menial. "Actually, the reason I left so suddenly was because war broke out in my family's homeland. My brother...he came and found me and I headed back immediately. Thinking back, I know I should have left at least a note or something. I'm sorry Cer." She'd go into more detail if the alabaster queen wanted her to, but for now she simply left the facts as brief as possible.

The Stormbringer stretched a bit as a soft breeze kicked up the light snow and ruffled her pelt, then sank fluidly into a cross-legged sitting position before the Rosea. She couldn't help but smile as Cercelee mentioned Alexey. Kol had had no idea she knew how close the two pack members were. She chuckled softly as she replied, a lighthearted grin spreading across her lips. "How could I not notice her? She took over my house! Though I'll admit I was highly surprised to see that she's become the very thing she said that her sister hates and fears above all else. I knew she'd been involved with someone who was for a period of time, but I guess I just thought he'd never pass it on to her. I've been trying to show her the basics of things, since she's still incredibly wobbly in her shifted form, but it'll take time for her to gain confidence and balance. I can't help but chuckle in the background sometimes when she knocks into things and some not-so-nice words spill out of her mouth." She felt for her sister-like friend and what she was going to, but Kol just couldn't help it at times. It was just funny! Besides, she knew she'd get the hang of things before too long.

"So tell me Cer, what have I missed in the months I was away from home?"

Table by Fishie!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread