What Can I Do, To Get Me To You?
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
ooc:
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Cercelee apologized and explained away the story as he tended to her, offering only a grunt to her pensive tone, and a soft growl at Haku's name. He hadn't met Coli yet, but he was interested to see the girl Cer considered her sister. He had forgotten that Haku raised the two of them together - would that make Haku his father-in-law, in a strange roundabout way? The chocolate-furred male had been courteous during the pack hunt, as he always was at pack functions, but Slay could never feel comfortable around the many-faced Lilium.

"...He didn't fight back, huh? He must've felt bad about whatever he did, then, if he let you punish him." Slay grumbled, pale eyes bright in the pre-dawn gloom. If Haku had chosen to fight back, Cercelee probably wouldn't be here right now. The thought of losing her so soon made him shudder, and he laid his chin atop her skull, 'twixt the ears. Had every sire damned his offspring by some foolish act? Slay's father had wronged him, too, although not in the way Coli had suffered. Maybe Cercelee would fly to avenge him, too, if he was ever to encounter his sire again. If he was ever to have children... Well, he knew what not to do, at least.

"First some coyote mauls you, then when your fur finally grows back, you attack the toughest wolf in the pack? Well, second-toughest; if he fought back, I'd tear his throat out..." Slay spoke calmly, quietly contemplating murder. He wasn't joking, although the outcome of that bloody spat was yet to be determined. "I swear, Cer, you're just trying to give me a heart-attack."

He sighed, feeling relaxed by the touch of her soft warmth. She seemed so small beside him... "How am I supposed to protect you if you won't let me...? I don't care about the politics of it - get me involved and then demote me afterwards or something. I'd still be your mate..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread