What Can I Do, To Get Me To You?
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
ooc: C:
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

The frigid water, coloured black in the dimness of the wee hours of the morning, enveloped Slay's bulky form, the waves lapping at his chin as he treaded with his paws. If he kept moving, it wasn't so paralyzing. Still, even for his thick arctic fur, going for a dip in midwinter was a shocking experience. At least he wasn't yawning anymore.

"Oh, is that what you think, little lady?" he quipped, trying to keep his own teeth from chattering. Cercelee drifted close to him, poking her nose into his dripping fur, and he grinned cheerfully. "I seem to recall somebody being rather nippy at times, instigating roughhousing, waking me up during my beauty sleep... A long line of felonious behavior. I'd be honestly surprised if any child of yours was fit for pack life, let alone leadership!" He had managed to drawl the retort without stuttering, but the cold was really starting to get to him. He began to slowly paddle back to the shore, eager to try and shake the heavy saltwater from his sodden pelt. He wasn't too eager to face the chilly air, though. Why had he agreed to this again? Surely Cer wouldn't have been that garish with pink fur. "Next time you stay pink as a warning to others," he muttered under his breath as his wide paws settled onto the sand of the shallows. The ocean had receded to about his tummy now, leaving his ebony-furred back bare to the sky to begin the arduous process of drying.

Playfully, Cer caught his ear - literally - and dragged him down towards her level. Slay felt strangely light, carefree; no one else was awake at this hour, and it was their private beach to cavort about. His tail began to wave behind him, sputtering droplets of icy water. "Ho ho, aren't you hopeful! There hasn't been a spark in that fireplace for days - I can't mess with it on all fours!" He gave her chest a nudge, firm enough to topple her onto her side with a splash. Two could play at this game! Sure, their last play-tussle had ended in her getting bruised, but... this time he had a different scenario in mind. "But, I do promise to warm you up, my dear. Guess again...?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread