Confessions
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
ooc: So sorry for the wait, hun! All of a sudden I'm behind on all my threads... Dx
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Susquehanna had never looked so delicate before, the light of the sunrise slowly washing her charcoal-black fur in warm pinks and dusty oranges. She cleared her throat awkwardly, several times, the self-doubt evident in her searching gaze. Slay remained still, impassive, his pale eyes concerned but patient. He knew by now what she was going to say, and he would let her say everything she needed to before he would reply. Still... seeing the tears welling up in her green and blue eyes hurt him more than he could have imagined. He absolutely loathed the thought that he had caused her pain, for who knows how long? And she was such a strong woman, he would never have known if she hadn't worked up the courage to tell him.

"...Oh, Hanna..." he breathed softly, sadly, as she leaned into his thick ruff, seeming so small now against his girth. He swallowed hard, hating himself for what he had to do now, and let his chin settle onto her slender withers, the pungent bear fur entwining his muzzle. "I... This is difficult for me to say, too, and please don't get upset... I feel very close to you, especially since these past few days. You've become a fast friend, Hanna, and I really value the time we share." He inhaled deeply, trying to steady his husky voice. He had never done anything like this before. For four long years, he had gone without anyone developing any kind of serious feelings for him, and now that he had finally settled into pack life, everything was crashing down around him. He had a mate now. There was no way he could leave her for Hanna, as much as he didn't want to break her heart. Hanna had left the pack, those moons ago, and had she stayed, this would have been an even harder decision. But she had already made up her mind to live as a loner, or to someday join a different pack; and Slay had made up his mind to stay.

"...I'm sorry, Hanna. It would be better if you could forget about me... because to me, you are a friend... and nothing more. I love my mate." He knew how harsh the words were, and he immediately regretted that he could not soften the blow in any way. But it was true, and if she had started crying before he said anything, then she already knew it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread