I can't force these eyes to see the end
[html]
ooc: Dierdre actually wouldn't come into Souls to try and find Addison, because she vowed never to come back here again >> just...for random information.

Every wolf looked different. That was what momma had told her. Dierdre had lived through the fire that had ravaged the lands across the mountains, and she had a lot of wisdom. Addison had heard the story a million times--how Momma had been pregnant, and had given birth during the fire to two puppies. Dierdre hadn't known what had ever happened to them...but Addison had never blamed her for not going back. She could have had siblings, if her mom had taken them with her. But she had been hurt real badly, and she hadn't been thinking straight. Or so she had said.

The fire had left her mother with many disfigurements; in places on her body there was no fur at all, or very very short fur that wouldn't grow out right. One ear had been almost completely gone, and large pocked areas of skin had marred at least half of Dierdre's face. One eye had been almost completely covered by the bald skin, only the tiniest bit of yellow showing through a slit. That was how Addison had known her mother, her protector and caregiver. It was normal.

The firelight wasn't consistant, and it threw long shadows over areas of the wolf's face as he leaned over her. She stopped in the licking, looking back at him carefully. Her legs and paws still hurt quite a bit, but the pain was beginning to decrease as time went on and she became more thouroughly warmed. He lifted up each of her paws, putting a bandage around each one of them. She could feel her heartbeat beating strongly in each paw as it was lifted and dressed, which was a good sign. Before, she hadn't felt any pounding at all in them. Just stillness.

She gave a great smile when he leaned down closer to her. He looked -just- like Dierdre. Just like her! His ears were both there, but his eye reminded her of everything that she had left back home. Maybe when her mother came back she would meet Jefferson too, and she would be able to see their similarities as well. Cerulean hadn't looked as different as Dierdre had, but he'd had scars of his own too. Addison was used to the touch and feel of scarred skin. It felt a little rougher than normal skin, but it wasn't bad to touch. Her mother had always warned her that skin like that felt more sensitive than regular skin, though, so she had always been very careful when playing.

"I izz comed from Cali" She answered, looking up his chest at him. She had accepted his previous words with silence and nods. He was the one who had found her, and he was in charge of her. If he thought that she should trust him, then she would. "Was born in Californua" Did he know where that was, though? She wasn't sure what direction it was from this place. "Mom losted me. I runned real far away! She izz suppose to fine me when I run away but I was losted and maybe she was losted too but we wasn't together and I can't find her."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread