white on white on black
She sighed at the thought of her daughter's children and the idea lingering in the back of her mind on how Kansas probably would be expecting a litter soon enough as well, she knew his mate's wishes and wants.. and like most woman she figured the lady would put them into effect as quickly as possible. She lowered her head slightly at the thought of all these faces she'd never know, voices she would only match with scents and how she would look in the eyes of children when they were old enough to know her. "Tell the small ones I wish I could see them.." she said softly, trying to keep from faultering on her own words as she swallowed hard. There were no words for the parents because they'd shared enough in the past in their own strange ways.

She was just being foolish now though, Iskata knew that Cercelee wasn't there for one of the leaders, but she had wished that she could get past the normal run of the mill conversations that seemed to emerge when faces came out of the woodwork and discovered the whole new face of the woman they once knew. She wasn't exactly bitter about it but the same old lies and greetings grew boring and dull after a while. She sighed and turned her face back towards the packlands as Cercelee's blunt reply met her ears, a slight shadow of a smile was her show of approval before she spoke up. "Honestly? Nothing's been easy and nothing with ever be the same. I'll live though." she said softly.

She flicked her tail back and forth across the snow as she asked, "How has my brat been doing, besides bringing new children into the world." She would never ask Firefly how she'd been fairing, but the Rosea of her pack was another story. Iskata knew most of her children were brats in their own way, they'd been raised on stories of their lineage and the royalties of how their family had climbed the ranks and always become something in life. She didn't know how many of them had taken it to heart and head but she'd know that Firefly probably wouldn't let the world stop her from gaining what she wanted. Delay her yes, but not stop her in the end.

Messages In This Thread