Winter Has It's Hold On Me
The female glared at the white woman, "Don't command me to do anything, I've made it on my own for a long time, I don't need anyone! All I need is myself, that's all I can count on in harsh times. I never had family that loved me they just ran me out of the pack when I was only four months old. So why would I need anyone now?!" Shell's voice was harsh but her eyes filled with tears even talking about her family and pack, "Besides they're all dead now, so why does it matter if I live or die? Who would care or even remember me?" She pushed closed her teary eyes, ran her paw over her left eye then over the scar remembering how she got it. "Out of everyone in my pack, only one of them liked me enough to try and protect me from everyone else. She wasn't my real sister, but she took me in like she was.... She helped me through everything I always had her to run to, my father wouldn't even stand up to her and I don't know why." Looking at the hare then the female she seemed calm, "Sorry for snapping, I'm just not use to having anyone helping me at all." Sinking her fangs into a random place on the hare she tore the flesh and devoured it, soon she ate the hare leaving nothing but the bones. "Thank you for the meal, I will repay you some how."

Shell looked at Cer with her head low and eyes pleading for her forgiveness, "I really am sorry." Her tail tucked under her body as she waited for the female to do what she wanted to her for mouthing off. 'Man, I cant believe myself. I've changed to much to be around anyone.' Standing then female ran with all her might, aching paw pounding on the wet, cold snow causing her to slip and slide a bit as she ran. 'Can't stop running have to run till I can't move another inch! At least I thanked her, but I can't stay here.... I'll only be a pain and a bother, and I don't wanna be any of those things!' Slipping on a packed down snow bank the female slipped causing her to land hard on her right paw, she sharply yelped as she fell. "Ow! Damn it, now I've done it this time!" she growled at herself for being such an idiot, knowing well that now she had no choice in staying.

Messages In This Thread