my heart is as cold as the clouds of your breath
[html]
They don't tell you what to say
when your whole life has gone to hell.

Ryan chuckled to Maserati’s comment about Inferni’s decorating. No one could object that it was a little morbid. It hadn’t really bothered Ryan that much, and she still remembered running her fingers along the smooth bone when she had first come to Inferni. Though, through others’ eyes, she could see how it could be unsettling and not so welcoming. Inferni did have its reputation. Frankly, Ryan thought what she heard about her clan was a bit exaggerated. She had never personally experienced any of the awful things people had whispered. "I guess it isn’t so lovely," Ryan admitted, nodding. "But you’re right, there’s plenty of places to get together outside of the clan’s borders. The city, especially. Have you been there? I haven’t really explored as much as I’d like."

The mention of Ryan’s best friend made her heart lift. "Oh! You’ve met Savina? Isn't she just a wonderful girl! We’ve been friends ever since I met her, and she’s always so understanding of things. Really, she’s pretty much the only person I feel I could tell anything to. Especially now since dad’s gone and I don’t really know that many people around here personally." She was related to practically all of Inferni one way or another, but still, she hadn't really connected with much of them. Lately, being pregnant and all, she had steered clear of much interaction.

"I make you feel behind!" Ryan laughed, shaking her head. "Well, I have to admit I wasn’t really ready for it. But, I guess you take what life gives you. I was born in August, so you’re just barely older than me! That’s so close together. It’s strange that dad found different woman in that time." She paused to think about it. "He must have been with my mother while yours was pregnant with you." This, however, didn’t really bother Ryan too much. She had never really learned sincere values from Lené. "I grew up all over the place. Not one spot in particular. Mom and I always traveled around. What about you?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread