thread title missing
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
All Welcome Smile
I am so sorry for being away for so long, there have been exams and stress and internet issues galore... and snow, much too much snow, which killed our power for a bit, (boo and hiss). But I am back, it's good to be back, I missed you guys lots! SmileSmile

pushitinThe night was cold despite the blanket of clouds which covered the inky sky. There were small breaks in the thick grey clouds, revealing small flickers of stars and of the pale moon, shining weakly over the chilled lands. A soft breeze flickered across the lands, rolling over the hills and buffeting at the bare branches of the trees, stripped of their leaves by Winter. The wind was wet with a spot smattering of rain, but it was ignored by the ebony fae who sat out in the lands, her head bowed slightly as she stoked the fire before her once more.

pushitinSoran sighed, letting the metal poker in her hand fall to the soft floor, she gently brushed a long strand of her curled mane from her face and looked up at the sky, her eyes fixing upon a single star, barely a pinprick of light hanging in the velvet darkness. And despite all that had happened recently, despite all of the nightmares, despite finding her eldest son lost and broken in the city, despite him asking her to kill him, despite her heart breaking a little more every time she thought about how far from grace he had fallen, she found herself smiling. In the quiet of the late night the tattooed fae found herself happy to be alive, she was a mother, admittedly a mother to a broken wolf and two missing ones, and a grandmother, she had so many things to be thankful for, she could not bring herself to brood over her hurts tonight.

pushitin With a heart that felt lighter than it had in weeks, the fae reached down for the poker once again, stoking the bonfire before her, smiling as the blaze once again roared into life, warming her fur. A dark hand reached into the canvas satchel that sat by her feet, pulling out her much-neglected flute. The obsidian grandmother raised it to her lips carefully and began to play, a haunting melody, but a hopeful one. And so the fae sat, playing her flute, her eyes closed in concentration.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread