the greatest injury is caused by inaction.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/18.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Since I owe you a thread. :3 (Note: John Stuart Mill is amazing ♥)

They were growing. During the days following her puppies births, it seemed as though every aspect of her life was intertwined with them. Her thoughts, her emotions, her words, her love -- it was all for them. All four of them, each and every one of them. They had already grown so much, already began developing both their personalities and their minds. To help them along, she had started reading them stories as soon as they could hear, and long before then. She had a few books she and Kieran had found when they had explored the human city, and a few more from her trips to Halifax. Some books were stories with pictures of ducks, cows, geese and cats, while others were science books that explained why plants grew. She had read the book about the farm animals twice already today, which was proving to be their favourite.

They could sit still for only so long, and before Tayui knew it, Attila had organized an unarmed rebellion, and had led the three other puppies away, to the entrance of the den. Claudius turned around and whined pitifully, baby blue eyes watering. "Can we go outside?" he asked at last as Attila swatted him with his paw. Claudius whined once more, glaring at his brother. Tayui frowned, shaking her head at Attila, and began to re-iterate why it was bad to hit one's brother. Attila stared blankly. Tayui sighed, then nodded, and picked up a large fur with her teeth to drag it to the entrance of the den. The snow had begun to melt, but it was still rather chilly outside. She knew one of the puppies would be glad to have something dry to sit on after they were covered in snow. All four puppies waited patiently and followed her out the den, having been lectured once already about running outside where she could not see them. Once she emerged from the den, she dropped the fur on the ground, then sat down beside it. "Stay where I can see you," she warned them, and was rewarded with a chorus of "We know", before the puppies set off to play.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread